Custom Cut Blind Keyway in a Bronze Sleeve used in Pump Manufacturing
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
A customer in the pump manufacturing industry identified an application with a keyway that was milled into a threaded bore located above a smaller through bore without a relief hole. At National Machine Tool Company. we specialize in difficult keyway applications that are prevalent in pump sleeve manufacturing. Our solution was to manufacture a pump sleeve keyseat miller. This keyseat miller would be designed with a long pilot passing through the threaded bore and bearing into the lower smaller bore. We then milled a slot in threads without breaking into the smaller bore. Our highly skilled engineering team worked with the customer's specifications and 2D CAD drawings for product development and design. We utilized CNC milling and turning in addition to grinding to create finished dimensions of .625" in width and .310" in depth. Dimensional, visual, and functionality inspections were completed to ensure manufactured tolerance within ±.0002". At NMT, our lead time for stock items is 2-3 days and custom items in 2-3 weeks.
For more information on this project, or the processes involved to manufacture it, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Custom Cut Blind Keyway in a Bronze Sleeve Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Pump Sleeve Keyseat Miller
- Problem Description
- Keyway milled in threaded bore above smaller through bore without a relief hole
- Keyseat miller designed with long pilot passing through threaded bore then milling slot in threads without breaking into smaller bore
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Product Development/Design
- CNC Milling
- Keyway Dimensions
- Width: 0.625"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Within 0.0002"
- Material Cut
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection, Functionality
- Industry for Use
- Pump Manufacturing
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Stock Items: 2 - 3 Days
Custom Items: 2 - 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Nationwide / Worldwide
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
View Other Keyseat Millers
Back to Top