Skip to Content
- Always run a flood coolant over entire tool in operation.
- Keep all moving parts well lubricated.
- Never run tool in reverse.
- Never attempt to run tool in a tight bore – it must have a sliding fit.
- Always use proper safety glasses.
- Never hold stop rod by hand.
- Use appropriate feeds and speeds.
- Remember to loosen set screw prior to loosening brass nut.
- Change driving pins as they become worn.
- Replace worn or damaged parts.
- Use thrust collars fitted for the cutter being used.
- After changing the pins, snug down the brass nut, then back it off until driving spindle turns freely. Tighten set screw.
- Keep tool clean and free of chips.